Saturday, April 18, 2009

Talk ...

Seven days left before we move and I haven't begun to start packing. Dan hated it last time we moved when there were boxes piling up in the living room. We have Kassy this weekend, so once she leaves I will use her room as the packing room, so I can start. I'm retentive when it comes to organization and cleanliness as you all know so it's driving me bonkers that I haven't been able to start yet. Once I do begin it will be a nightmare I'm sure. Our new place has one very small closet in the master bedroom compared to our two large closets in our current room so getting rid of unneeded stuff is gonna be a challenge especially since Dan is a pack rat. It'll be like pulling teeth to get him to rid himself of things I have never seen him wear yet he has to keep it. HA! Already booked the moving van and have some friends helping. It shouldn't be that bad once we begin, it's the getting there thats challenging.

Things are going ever so well at work. I just had my first one on one with Mark Lewis the district manager. He said he's already seen an improvment in the store overall operations and I'm showing great skill and talent getting the staff inspired to work hard and sell.

On another topic, Jaana found an ad in the paper about someone looking for an illustrator. I applied and was told to draw three pictures, of a skater boy a red headed tom boy and a leary cat. I had the pictures done in a 48 hours mailed them to her only to find out I am one of 70 applicants for this job. She said she will only contact 5 people from that group. I hope I'm one but never can be sure. It would be a short freelance job working on a children's book. And working on mulitple things has always been of interest to me since I'm a crazy workaholic!!! LOL! Not really I just like keeping busy. Enough blah blah blah for now.

3 comments:

John and Mireille said...

I love you so much honey,
can't wait to see you again
Mom

Christina said...

Love you to mom. Soon, we'll work out a visit.

Anonymous said...

I admire the shit out of you