Thursday, June 3, 2010

3 years

Dan and I have just celebrated our 3 year anniversary. I know amazing right? We weren't going to do much because we bought an SUV recently but Dan really wanted to at least go out to dinner. He wanted to go to a place we've been to before but I suggested using my iPhone to find a new restaurant. So Dan took the phone went to Urban Spoon which lists every restaurant in your area. He selected the price point he wanted the type of food and we found a restaurant called "Aqua Terra". This restaurant is located in one of the hotels downtown Kingston and we got a table that faced the harbour with city hall tower looking down at us. It was beautiful. The service was amazing, the chef gave us a "taster" to start for free, which was fresh raw tuna with apple slices, presented on a slender platter and each serving in its own spoon. As a starter we got escargot but not the usual covered in cheese escargot, this was served in a large abstract bowl with clover leaves and some sauce that was soooo delicious. For dinner I had lobster ravioli, which was so mouth watering I kept eating even though my stomach was saying no, and Dan had a beef something or other. At the end of dinner our waiter gave us a choice of desert for free again to congratulate us on our anniversary. After this wonderful meal we went for a walk in the moon light beneath the restaurant by the harbour and then home. Dan and I talked about how far we've come and we feel we've both changed and grown so much since we've been together. He did a lot of growing up recently and recognizes the benefits of being in a committed relationship. I have learned to relax and enjoy life more and not let things get to me so much. I'm so happy and I have a feeling that wedding bells are coming sometime in the next two years (I hope). I've never had the whole white dress and ceremony thing with family and friends around so I really look forward to that.

2 comments:

John and Mireille said...

Congradulation to both of you!
Sure love you!
Mom

Michelle Lavigne said...

YAY!