Monday, April 22, 2013

Visit to LA

I received a text from Craig telling me to check my email. To my utter surprise I see a ticket round trip from Calgary to LA! I've never been to California. Amazing!!! I flew out early Saturday morning and touched down at 10:30 Pacific time. At the bottom of the escalators was Craig, dressed in a black sweater and hat and shorts and converse shoes...a sight for sore eyes. His smile said everything when I came into view. I made my way to him and we hugged and kissed and headed outside into the warm California sunshine. We jumped a shuttle and headed to the Westin hotel, snuggling the whole way there.

We got to the hotel and had to hit up the tour bus where Craig's stuff was, as we got on the bus several members were still sleeping so I sat patiently in the front lounge waiting for Craig to gather his belongings. I met Cash, and Jasper and the bus driver who's name escapes me. We then made our way to the room that was assigned to Craig on the 7th floor and lucky us the keys didn't work. So we headed back down to the lobby to rectify this. Once we were able to make it into the room, I immediately took my shoes off and laid on the extremely comfortable king sized bed and considered closing my eyes for a moment. But Craig jumped on the bed beside me and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck and that was it for me....!

We decided to get going to get Craig's laundry done and spend as much time as we could outside enjoying the sunshine. We got a driver to take us to the laundry mat where they told Craig his laundry would be left at the liquor store next door if we came back past 5 to pick it up. Craig wasn't overly thrilled with this concept but went with it anyways, being the adventurer he is.

We got dropped off on the corner of Pico and Ocean and went to eat at a Caribbean place called "cha cha chicken" looked like a whole in the wall but from experience these types of places have amazing food. We ordered we sat, we enjoyed every last bite. Especially being in each others company after a long two weeks apart. It was magical.

After eating we headed down to Santa Monica pier to check it out. Craig photographed me right before the fog rolled in eliminating the view of the pier. We turned around and started walking south towards Venice. There were lots of street artists and vendors all over the place, live music...bongos...hola hoopers etc lining the streets. Lots of amazing sights and sounds and smells it was incredible.

We stopped for some frozen yogurt and was able to pour your own cup and put any toppings on you'd like, you paid by weight. Craig and I found a quiet corner to sit behind some of the sidewalk vendors and happily ate our treat. There was one chocolate mint left and Craig asked if I wanted to share? I said yes and told him to hold it with his teeth and Id break it half by coming in close to bite it. I thought this was incredibly romantic and cute but it turned out to be a disaster... I ended up biting his lip...I didn't even realize I had done this until he said I did. Poor guy, it wasn't funny but the whole situation turned out the exact opposite than I expected so I just laughed and laughed mostly from embarrassment but partially because I'm such a clutz I should've seen this coming. Craig said he thought three things, ouch I bit his lip, he didn't get any chocolate and I forget the last thing but he too thought it was funny even though I left an imprint on his lip. What a good sport.

We stopped and had a beer while watching bongo players make music...we walked some more and finally after about 4 and a half hours we were exhausted. Hailed a cab and headed to the liquor store to grab Craig's laundry.

Luckily it was there...no extra charge...we were gonna walk the last 3 blocks to the hotel but we had bags, so we called a cab that said they'd be there in 10 min. 20 min later we decided to walk anyways. We headed towards an underpass that looked quite sketchy and had furniture set up for whomever lived there at night. It reeked of urine and god knows what else. Defiantly a venture only to be accomplished while there's daylight. We walked passed a man that was behind a fence and he growled at us as we walked. Eyes straight ahead...no sudden movements. We got to the hotel safe and sound. We lay in each others arms and kissed and snuggled...The end of a wonderfully silly, sweet, romantic day.









No comments: