Thursday, June 13, 2013

My new life

It's amazing how life flows isn't it? Like when you're all wrapped up in what you're doing that you forget who you really are. It sometimes takes a hard, heartbreaking situation for you to realize that you were on the wrong path. I would've continued on that path if my partner at the time hasn't ended it. I look at myself then and myself now and I wonder how I let myself go. I had lost myself in being someone I wasn't. Unhappy because I was trying so hard to please someone that wasn't please-able. That's not a word but it describes how I was living. That man will always be my friend but he hurt me as a person and wasn't good for me. I now have a man in my life that totally gets me. He knows that when I'm upset he needs to just let me be for a little while until I get my barings. But he also knows how to compliment me and make me feel like I really am the girl of his dreams. It's strange because we aren't physically together a lot but I feel closer to Craig then I did with Dan. Dan and I were good party friends. We had fun but when it came to anything serious he'd close up and get mad at me for trying to tell him how I felt. I know in a lot of my blogs I would say how in love with him I was....well I was in my way but I was sacrificing myself everyday and for what? To get cheated on, and lied to and then dumped. I didn't deserve any of that and I kept going back like a pig to the slaughter just blinded by what I thought was love. Now I see what love really is. It's hard work and dedication, ensuring your partner is happy and content no matter the distance between them. Craig does his best no matter what he's doing to make sure I am ok. I can't tell you how amazing that is. Going from a guy who got annoyed when I wondered why I hadn't been contacted in days to a guy who is working across the world and still finds the time to call me via Skype, FaceTime or regular call as often as possible is amazing. It really makes me feel loved. 

No comments: