Monday, June 30, 2014

This time will be different

So here I am sitting outside my new home having a smoke and taking a moment to appreciate what has happened. My new home isn't one I'm renting, and I'm not moving in with a guy. I actually bought this place. It's quant and perfect for me and I am having trouble grasping the realization of it all. I've had a rough couple of years...mostly relationship related but this step, this mountain I've climbed proves not only that I am motivated, but that I am capable! I'm 34 and bought my first home! I'm single and bought my first home! I keep chanting these words because it's still not sunk in. I always needed someone to help me take care of myself, or so I thought. I don't! I'm perfectly capable to work hard and buckle down when it's time to. Haha I'm so overjoyed with this step it's unbelievable. Mom showed up today with bread, wine and salt and said "bread, so this house never knows hunger, salt, so that your life is filled with flavour, wine so that all your days are filled with joy!"

No comments: