Thursday, October 11, 2012

The end of one life

It all happened so fast. I still am whirling with disbelief that the man I love decided he doesn't want to be with me anymore. It's weird how one minute you can look ahead and see a clear future. Where you'll get married, buy a house, retire. Then in a flash all is ripped right out from beneath you. I've cried so many tears to the point of exhaustion. Made myself sick from not eating and drinking myself into a stuper. Running around trying to find someone to listen to me sob and help me make sense of this madness. But nothing helps, no one can make sense. He himself can't make sense. Tells me he still loves and will live to regret this but still stands firm on not wanting me here. When did it go wrong? I know I'm difficult and not trusting and sensitive but so much so to drive the man I love away? Or is it just him? Scared of growing up, scared of having responsibility? He tells me I always get my way and when I look back that is not true at all. I followed him through jobs, backed him up when he wanted his daughter with us and even though I changed cities for him he clearly doesn't see the sacrifices I've made in the name of love. All he sees is my sadness at not having anyone to talk to. My complaining when his daughter wouldn't listen to me. I just thought him loving me meant loving me, no matter what. I thought he being my best friend would allow me to vent when i was frustrated. Now I feel betrayed because he promised he'd never hurt me again and now he's pushing me away without really giving me a reason. I'm depressed and sick and tired of giving all of myself and then getting pushed away when the going gets a little tough. Is there anyone out there that will just love me? For who I am?

No comments: