Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Whats new in our lives

I'm becoming depressed right now cause we just found out that Dan has to leave town for work for awhile. I don't like this at all cause his mom is still staying with us till the end of the month which means her and I will be alone for a bit. I also don't like it cause it makes me nervous. I know I shouldn't be, but my past has really screwed me up in trusting people. Dan is trying to make me feel better about it, but no matter what he says I just feel flustered and my stomach is in knots. Does anyone have any advice for me? I really need help dealing with this one. I'm becoming angry for no reason, short with him and those around me. All this because of an overactive imagination about things that haven't or may not happen.

3 comments:

John and Mireille said...

Hi Honey!

The test of life and the test of relationship, they are difficult but they are worth fighting for.
Everyone wants to be trusted, to lose faith in each other is the worst thing for a union. It will draw him away, but if you demonstrate trust in him and show joy in your love for him, he won't stand being away from you honey. I know that in your case it is more difficult because you've had bad experiences. But I tell you it is worth it to try super hard to keep your chin up, bite your tongue when you know you will say something that is untrusting or hurtful. Remember how much you love him and how much he loves you because he does.
Think of something you can devote your time at while he is away, something you would like to have more time to do.

I'll be praying for you, and you can always call when it's hard. If you can explain to him in a humble way your fear, not in a accusatory way but just that you've had bad experiance but tell him that you do trust him and to ask him to understand that you are and you will try to stay positive during this time. I know you can do it, you are strong, you don't think you are but you are. Believe in yourself and the power that you have in you.
I believe in you!
I love you
Mom

Christina said...

Thanks, mom you are amazing I love how you put things into perspective for me. Dan isn't going anymore but I will take your advice for when he does cause it will happen eventually. I love you so much.

John and Mireille said...

I love you too honey!