Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's the little things...

After having a beautiful 6 degree day, what does mother nature do just to let us know that winter is definitely NOT over? We get hit with an ice and snow storm, a mild one but still! I had to walk home in this last night, mind you its only a ten minute walk from work to home but when the wind is whipping against you with a wind chill of minus 7 degrees its a painful walk. I get a call from Dan when I'm a block away from home to see when I'll get there. As I walked through our front door, Dan runs up to me grabs my coat and bag and sets them down then proceeds to push me towards the bathroom, all the while taking off my clothes. I'm a little confused at this point wondering what he's up to. We turn into the bathroom and he's got a bath run for me with candles and some Michael Buble playing in the background! As soon as I lay in the tub he went running off somewhere and comes back with a little beverage for me. He had this little devilish grin, like he knew he had done good and was oh so proud of himself for having thought up this wonderful experience. I have said it before and will say it to the day I die, it's really these little things that make every day life so incredible. I marvel at the fact that I have found someone who appreciates these sweet gestures as much as I do. It's really quite amazing.

A few words that I like
Serendipity: an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident, good fortune; luck
Enchantment: a feeling of great liking for something wonderful and unusual; a psychological state induced by a magical incantation, a magical spell
Felicity: state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy

1 comment:

MarieAnne said...

Truely a great guy!