Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Slushed

I woke up this morning feeling sick and head achy. I still drove Dan to work and went to the gym. I got home and still wasn't feeling great but I pulled myself together somewhat and got ready to work. I started walking to work and I wiped out cause the sidewalks aren't cleaned from the last storm. My ankle a bit sore I started walking on the street cause it isn't slippery there. Most drivers going by me slowed down as to not splash me. Except one....this person...seemed to have sped up and soaked me with slush from head to toe! So sick, hurt my ankle and then got slushed....not the best way to start a day. Wish me luck for the rest of it.

Just an add on....this day actually got worse! I got off work and no sooner had I begun walking home I got a call from Dan that he had been hit in the head by a boulder at work. I rushed over to his site and we went to the hospital. We waited for 3 hours before he saw a doctor. Once we got in we had to be transfered to the other hospital so that Dan's head could be scanned. We tried to keep our spirts high as we waited at the other hospital another 2 hours. We joked that we needed to scan his cat rather than having a CAT scan. So after all was said and done he was cleared to go home. It was 1:30am by the time we got home and he was a bit slow witted but ok overall. Thank GOD!

1 comment:

MarieAnne said...

Sorry Chris, hope the rest of the day was better! Love you