Saturday, January 12, 2008

An artists life

It has been said that art imitates life, it has also been said that life imitates art. I believe that art and creativity are directly linked to life because it is an expression, an understanding that gives us clues into realms not understood by daily living. By looking into a painting, hearing a beautiful song, seeing someone dance, you can find something within yourself. I find ideas and emotions in my mind that wouldn't be there unless I go to that place within me and breathe in the life all around. I become aware of the sounds and smells that are so intoxicating, I remind myself that all is good and that nothing is that bad to give up.

I have learned many things over the past few years that have taught me to appreciate the little things around me. I have learned to focus on being positive and surround myself with good people. I have finally found a man that is sincere and genuine and truely loves me for who I am. I am truely blessed to have gone through all that I have and survived to be here and say that there is definatly someone watching out for me.


"There is this entire life behind things, this incredibly benevolent force wanting me to know that there is no reason to be afraid...ever.
Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, and my heart's going to cave in..

My heart fills up like balloon thats about to burst, and then I remember to relax and stop trying to hold onto it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life."



quote from American Beauty

No comments: