Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sadness

A sadness came over me this morning that is unexplainable. My heart feels heavy and empty. I want to understand where this depression comes from. It makes those around me sad or confused as to why I am this way. I truely can't explain it, I just feel it.
I feel like there is nothing in the world that could make me feel better and I want to just disappear. Nothing makes sense, all I want to do is cry.

Sadness again comes over me,
I feel at a loss as to why.
My soul aches and heart breaks,
I cannot find the strength to try.
Misery has been my blanket,
its been with me for so long.
I find it hard to think that,
I could ever be free from this wrong.
Is there any peace for someone like me?
Any hope for a rest from this pain?
One day I wish to be laughing and free
and never be depressed again.

2 comments:

John and Mireille said...

I love you Christina,
you are in my prayers daily, thinking of you, can't wait to see you next week.
Mom

MarieAnne said...

I wish you wouldn't feel like that either, I'll keep you in my prayers! I do believe though that you can be free from depression, it all starts with praise! I know it helped me a lot while I was sick in bed for months I would get really depressed and felt as if I would never get better again. I would then stop and pray and start thinking of all the things I was truly thankful for, even if it was small things. I even tried praising the Lord for my sickness and all the good things that can from it. This really helped lift my spirit and got me in a better mood as I saw all the good things that were in my life! Of course discouragement still comes and goes but when you counter attack it with praise I found it really makes a difference.