Thursday, January 17, 2008

Living life

Yesterday was my day off and Dan and I went to get our poor little car fixed. We spent hours waiting around in the garage and then went for lunch. I love it that we can sit with each other and take in our companionship together without talking about useless stuff.
We seem to get an idea of what the other is thinking for the most part and often stare into each others eyes, mind you my eyes say a lot more than his. When I look at Dan I move over his face starting with his big brown eyes then onto his cheeks and his lips, his jaw. I love that he has masculine features but also has this softness to him that awes me.
When his eyes stare at me and they don't move over my face, they just seem to penetrate me and he says I say all I need to with my eyes. It's a marvalous wonder this thing we have between us, I'm so happy even when we are broke, even when things are difficult, he always finds a way to make me smile, and I can pick him up when he gets low as well. We balance each other so that we never are both down at the same time we take care of each other.

"Happiness is not the destination, but the journey."

That quote makes more sense to me now that I've stopped searching for happiness. Daily I think of all the things around me that I should appreciate and that I should be satisfied with. I used to be so negative and dwell on all things dark, I mean I still have that dark side and it mainly comes out in my art, but my overall daily living has improved. I truely believe that having someone who is supportive and confident and respectful in my life has changed me. He has made me look at myself differently, I am once again becoming confident and more self reliant. I love Dan so much, he's really my better half.

1 comment:

MarieAnne said...

I'm so happy that you have someone in your life that makes you feel good and happy! Dan is a great guy and I hope things get even better for you too! :-)