Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Be True to Me

From the first moment I looked into your eyes,
I knew with you there'd be no lies.
No questions asked your word would stand
it was then I decided to hold your hand.
On through forever I thought we would be
honest and true, but it was then I did see.
A cover you'd thrown over my eyes
for it was your faults you tried to disguise.
You hurt my soul, broke my heart;
Was this your intention from the very start?
Now all faults out in the open, I want to
forgive you, but is there a token?
Of love respect and honesty,
to let me know you'll always be,
true to yourself, true to me?
Then and only then will I open my heart
to let you fill that empty part
that was broken but I hope you see,
you must be true to me.
copyright 2000 - Christina Lavigne

No comments: